/>
If you {heart} Close To My Heart, then this challenge blog is for you! Please read our revised rules, above.

Monday, October 25, 2010

It's getting spooky around here!

What a great turn-out last week - thanks to all who participated in the embossing challenge! One of you was drawn randomly to receive the prize that our wonderful sponsor, Carissa, was offering and that winner is......#39 Courtney Milburn! Congratulations Courtney! Please contact me with your mailing info and I will pass it along to Carissa.

And a BIG thank you to Carissa for being a great sponsor! Remember you can visit Carissa at Just Peachy Creations and all of our sponsors by checking out the sponsor page.

Now on to a new 4 for 40 week! You did it last week - we know you can do it this week too! All it takes is 40 players and one will win a goody package of 4 cards created by Design Team member Kelly! Here is Kelly's fabulous artwork for this week's challenge and a great tip to share as well:


"I love to be a girl who thinks ‘outside of the box’! My goal in creating artwork is to try and come up with a creative way to use products in a new and unique way. So I have a few tips for using Close to my Heart Products in unexpected ways. First, for this layout, I have used a page from Close to my Heart’s new Mix and Mingle Album as a unique embellishment rather than just using it in creating the standard mini album. Next, at the time I created this layout I did not have any of Close to my Heart’s new Hooligans paper pack (which is our new darling Halloween themed paper pack in the 2010 Autumn/Winter Idea Book.) However, I was not worried! There are several paper packs in our collection which are perfect for this event! Here I have used the very versatile "You Rock" Level 2 Paper Pack with its 'perfect for Halloween' colors of Sunflower, Pansy Purple and Garden Green. Which is my second tip for you – don’t ‘box’ yourself in to the implied theme in each of our paper packs! Many of our paper packs are perfect for all sorts of different events and celebrations! For incorporating the use of the Mix & Mingle album on my layout - Here I have used one of the bracket shaped acrylic pages to create a unique 'dimensional' embellishment for my layout. First, I distressed the acrylic page with black Stazon Ink - in order to really make the shape of my acrylic piece 'pop'. Then I mounted it to the layout by using brads, attached directly to the layout, as spacers and covering the pre-drilled holes with our new Licorice Opaques (new black pearls!!). By placing some of my stamped and cut-out elements on top and behind the acrylic enabled me to make my witch appear as though she was flying over the moon."



Fabulous artwork once again from Kelly! You can see Kelly's layout on her blog at Stampin' All Day. And be sure to play along to win some goodies from Kelly!

Now on to the challenge and the rest of the team samples. Have you guessed that this week's theme is Halloween? Now if you don't celebrate Halloween, that's ok! You can also create your artwork featuring a pumpkin (or 2) and that qualifies too. Just be sure to use CTMH products!
Here is what the rest of the team created -
 





 
Does that put you in the mood to create some Halloween/pumpkin fun? We hope so! Post your project and link back here by Sunday at 10 pm EST to be eligible for our prize of the week and our Friday Five. Be sure you add a link that takes us to the page that your post appears on, not the artwork alone. We want to be able to leave you a comment so we need the right link in order to do so!
 
Have a creative week and we'll see you again soon!
 

17 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Another great challenge! Awesome job from everyone on the DT! I have really enjoyed being a guest designer this month with you all.

Stamp n Fun with Debi said...

Love all the Halloween ideas you have created. I think I'm going to have to try to make those scalloped pumpkins.

Michele said...

This one is easy! I have so many to choose from and I am inspired to create even more! Thanks.

Kandi said...

Great projects by everyone! I just love Halloween!!

Corina said...

Great challenge!!! And fabulous work from everyone too!!!

Please visit and follow my blog at
www.ScrapbookingINK.com

Thanks,
Corina Mitchell

Tracie said...

I just uploaded mine!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Thanks for the challenge and for the beautiful inspiration, ladies!

Corina said...

Lorrinda! Thanks for posting a comment on my blog! YOU ROCK!!!

Corina

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

Just a card, thing special this time. Hope you like it!

Haley D. said...

The DT did a fabulous job! I'm loving this very timely challenge. Thanks!

Nicole said...

Fun challenge and very festive - thanks!

Adeline E. Brill said...

I love Studio J!

Tamytha said...

Been a while since I played along. Thanks for the pumpkin alternative. I had fun getting creative. :)

Tamytha said...

Ok...I went nuts this week. I've entered three cards. I had a blast carving out one day to just be creative. Thanks for the challenge.

Debbie Carriere said...

Thanks for the challenge :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome artwork, everyone! You all outdid yourselves on this challenge! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations! I'm sharing a link to my entry for this challenge although I used older papers that are no longer available. I just wanted to participate anyway since it's been awhile.

Romaine said...

Oh! I turned it to the 40-we are eligible! Hurrah! :0)